IB Survival Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions on the first test

3 posters

Go down

Questions on the first test Empty Questions on the first test

Post  Erin Vigil Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:40 pm

Okay so I vaguely remember some of these, but hopefully you guys can help elaborate.

In subzero temperatures, some animals are able to survive because they have a chemical in their blood that keeps it from freezing. Explain how this is possible in accordance to the properties of water.

Something about seeds and some containing saturated fats while others contain unsaturated. I believe he asked why the two fats might be required over the other in certain environments.

Pollen and flowers?

Bacteria inhibition?

Erin Vigil

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Questions on the first test Empty Re: Questions on the first test

Post  Sarah Jaffar Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:49 pm

in our class he said the subzero temperatures one, it was something about hydrogen bonding, he also said one about the purpose of the 3-d stuctures of protein, he also said something about sucrose breaking down into carbon dioxide and water not being spontaneous under normal conditions, the last one is for chapter 6 and kevin said it was in the book

Sarah Jaffar

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Hanna Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 pm

I heard something about antifreeze in the blood to prevent hydrens from bonding and forming ice crystals.

Then something about drug testing 25%, 69%, is that good? and what other factors could contribute to the results?

And then something about 1 seed being more fattening than the other.

Hanna
Admin

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-28

https://ibsurvival.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down